(VIENNA, VA) – Billy Casper Golf (BCG) has promoted Alex Elmore from Chief Operating Officer to President of the company with the largest portfolio of golf courses, country clubs and resorts under ownership and operation in the U.S and fourth largest worldwide.
“We are experiencing unprecedented growth opportunities as Billy Casper Golf helps re-shape and strengthen the $68 billion golf industry,” says Peter Hill, Chairman and CEO of BCG. “Alex Elmore’s leadership will expand our core business of golf operations and integrate new businesses in technology, branding, turf management and cause marketing to our portfolio.”
Elmore was instrumental in BCG’s 2013 merger with Kitson and Partners Clubs accounting for 13 new golf properties. That same year, he managed the company’s acquisition of Women on Course, the nation’s leading golf-lifestyle networking organization that has increased participation by more than 400 percent in one year under BCG management.
“As much as we have accomplished the past few years building the best operating platform in the history of golf, Billy Casper Golf is firmly on the path of even greater near- and long-term growth,” says Elmore. “Our database touches one of every eight active golfers in America, giving us both extraordinary influence in the marketplace and responsibility for the sustainability of golf.”
Elmore’s promotion coincides with Executive Vice President Joe Goodrich’s increased involvement with BCG’s aggressive strategy to acquire public and private golf properties, as well as course-management companies. He will also direct its burgeoning private club division, player-development initiatives, retailing best practices and other programming unique to BCG.
Recently named Golf Inc. magazine’s sixth most powerful person in golf, Hill will continue guiding BCG, expanding its holdings and serving on boards of organizations dedicated to growing the game.
Adding to BCG leadership is Joe Steranka, the veteran sports marketer and retired CEO of the PGA of America (2005 to 2012). In early 2014, he became Chief Global Strategist of BCG and Buffalo Communications, the in-house PR, marketing and strategy development division that represents top brands in golf and sports.
Other recent BCG achievements:
* Launch of the Billy Casper Digital Network, comprised of 120-plus websites and more than 500,000 unique visitors monthly, that delivers new, compelling and highly-curated content across traditional and mobile devices for greater brand engagement and sales
* Advent of the BCG Superintendent Business Institute to enhance the business development of superintendents and assistant superintendents with eligibility for Golf Course Superintendents Association of America credits
* Expansion of the BCG University career development platform with 16 new training modules – including “The Fundamentals of Effective Thinking,” “Interpersonal Communications” and “Financial Statements” – for the company’s 6,000-plus employees (peak season) and good toward PGA of America education credits
* Early adoption of FootGolf, a widely popular hybrid game of golf and soccer, to attract new guests and provide overall excitement
* Record fundraising of more than $875,000 for Wounded Warrior Project from the “2013 World’s Largest Golf Outing” on August 11 that involved more than 12,000 golfers, including 439 injured service men and women, at 110-plus BCG managed courses
More information: www.billycaspergolf.com.