Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Discerning, Experienced Golfers Rave about Longaberger Golf Club

Acclaimed Arthur Hills Design Collects Praise from Ohio’s Golf Magazine Readers
(NASHPORT, Ohio) – A recent Ohio’s Golf Magazine poll asked readers and area residents to pick their favorite golf course in the Buckeye State and in resounding fashion Longaberger Golf Club led the way.

The poll asked readers to "pick your favorite Ohio golf course” from a list that included 15 of the state’s best public access golf courses. Longaberger commanded 38 percent of the more than 1.200 votes, leaving 62 percent to be shared by the other 14 courses (an average of 4.5 percent per course).

The poll is a precursor to the new golf course ranking system to be unveiled by Ohio's Golf Magazine in the January 2009 issue. The rating system will use Buckeye icons and will bestow anywhere from two to five Buckeyes per course.

This “best-of” poll continues a tradition of honors for Longaberger Golf Club and is particularly special because it comes from those who routinely play the state’s finest golf courses.

The Ohio’s Golf Magazine recognition further demonstrates that the greater Columbus area is among the country’s top golf destinations. Longaberger Golf Club leads the way with impressive company such as EagleSticks, Cook’s Creek, Tartan East and Cumberland Trail.

This is the most recent accolade for the frequently decorated course, recently named the country’s No. 4 course overall in GolfWorld magazine’s inaugural “Readers’ Choice Rankings” in the category “Top 50 Public Courses.” In addition to ranking No. 1 in customer service and No. 3 for the extensive practice facilities, Longaberger Golf Club scored Top 10 ratings from GolfWorld readers in these categories: Quality of Course, Course Condition, Reputation/Prestige, Speed of Play, Locker Room, Pro Shop, and Food and Dining.

Further accolades include ranking No. 57 in the United States (out of roughly 13,500 public-access courses) in GOLF Magazine’s 2008 “Top 100 Courses You Can Play” list and Golfweek Magazine rating the course No. 1 in Ohio in its recent 2008 state-by-state rankings.

With five sets of tees, Longaberger Golf Club stretches to a muscular 7,243 yards, while shrinking to a very manageable distance to accommodate every skill level from beginner to scratch. Set amid rolling hills and unfolding over pristine terrain, it also features a 25-acre natural grass driving range and practice facility with target greens and a chipping, pitching and bunker area.

Longaberger Golf Club is managed by Billy Casper Golf, which owns and/or operates 100 golf courses in 23 states, the District of Columbia and Costa Rica.

For more information about Longaberger Golf Club, or to reserve a tee time, visit or call 740.763.1100.


No comments: