Unique midsole/outsole construction has led to significant adoption on worldwide professional Tours
(RELEASE) - FootJoy, the #1 Shoe in Golf, is introducing a new performance spikeless shoe called Pro/SL. Currently one of the most popular shoes on the worldwide professional Tours, Pro/SL combines a soft, comfortable, waterproof upper with a midsole/outsole unit that features three distinct layers for underfoot comfort, ultimate perimeter stability, and performance spikeless traction.
What gives the Pro/SL a unique blend of comfort and spikeless Tour-caliber performance is a proprietary polymer outsole material called Fine-Tuned Foam (FTF). FTF is 10% lighter than conventional EVA foams providing enhanced cushioning and shock absorption for added comfort.
FTF is the key material in a three-layered component that features unique characteristics and benefits within each layer:
· The top layer of FTF, which cradles the foot, is a softer durometer to provide the golfer with all day comfort.
· The lower/outer portion of FTF is firmer and delivers perimeter stability around the foot for maximum support throughout the swing.
· Finally, TPU traction elements are strategically placed within the FTF outsole material to provide the golfer with enhanced traction, lateral stability and more points of contact with the ground.
These layers are fused together to deliver maximum comfort and create the most performance-driven spikeless midsole/outsole component offered from FootJoy.
“FTF is a material that took years to develop, and even longer to determine what shoe construction could truly unlock the benefits of the material,” said Doug Robinson, VP of Golf Footwear Worldwide. “This Pro/SL category utilizes two densities of FTF within the outsole construction and is married with an upper that features multi-material construction for a perfect balance of comfort and performance.”
Tour Player Adoption
Many players on Tour have chosen to wear Pro/SL. Adam Scott, Louis Oosthuizen, Kevin Na, Andrew “Beef” Johnston, Bernd Wiesberger, Lee Westwood, and around 50 other players on the PGA and European Tours have opted for the comfort and spikeless performance of Pro/SL.
“I tested Pro/SL initially in the very dry, hard conditions of Chambers Bay then in the soft, wet conditions at St. Andrews and the traction was fantastic on both surfaces,” said Adam Scott. “I also felt like my feet had more surface contact with the ground and for a longer time during my swing, so competing in this shoe is a no-brainer.”
· Lightweight, softer blend FTF (Fine Tuned Foam) for maximum cushioning and underfoot comfort
· Lightweight, firmer blend FTF for maximum support providing optimal balance throughout the golf swing
· Spikeless, durable TPU outsole ready for any type of shot or conditions
2 year Waterproof Warranty
ChromoSkin leather by Pittards
Availability: August 1, 2016
MSRP: $165 Laced; $200 Boa Closure System