Friday, November 6, 2015

Nerves Play a Huge Part in a Pro-Am

I've got so much to say/write about my recent trip to Mississippi to play golf, but I'll start with this quick post and share a short video of my final tee shot of the Sanderson Farms Championship Pro-Am.

My final tee shot was about 250 yards longer than my first two … combined. I'm a 9 handicap, so my game has plenty of flaws. Almost missing the ball - TWICE - is not one of those flaws, however.

Following my second embarrassing tee shot, I wanted to crawl into my golf bag and hide. Thankfully, I kept my cool and my playing partners gave me some good-natured and well-deserved ribbing. The next time I held the driver, I turned to our pro (Bryce Molder) and told him I was going to "Gilmore" it, referencing John Peterson's opening tee shot at the CIMB Classic. He smiled and said, "I bet you won't." I smiled back and responded, "I bet I can't." I didn't, but was now comfortable enough to play my normal game. Whew.

No comments: