Sunday, November 1, 2015

Please Read - Movember

If you have a man in your life - father, brother, cousin, friend - please take a minute to read this. I’ll keep it brief.

The Movember Foundation is a global charity committed to men living happier, healthier, longer lives. Since 2003, millions have joined the men’s health movement, raising $650 million and funding over 1,000 programs focusing on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.

You may have become aware of men in your life growing mustaches throughout the month of November - some better than others ... many embarrassingly bad. For the last five years, I’ve fit squarely in the last category.

Why do I do it? As a way to honor the memory of my late father-in-law, Dave Tallbacka. I looked up to him when I was a kid, hanging out with my buddy Tim - his son. Later in life, I was extremely fortunate that Dave’s beautiful daughter, Tonya, agreed to be my wife. I wish our son could grow up with his loving grandfather, but prostate cancer took that away from all of us.

I asked that you read this. Now I ask for two more things:
1. If you’re a man - schedule an appointment with your doctor and take care of yourself. Women, please see to it that this happens. We men often need A LOT of encouragement.
2. If you’re in a position to do so, please donate to me or my team - MoHawken - HERE.

Where does the money go? In the United States Movember program partners are the Prostate Cancer Foundation, the LIVESTRONG Foundation and the Prevention Institute. These partners, along with Movember Foundation-managed programs, ensure that donations support a broad range of innovative, world-class initiatives.

Check my Mo Space out from time to time and laugh along with the rest of the world at my sad attempt to grow a 'stache (for all the right reasons).

Thank you!

No comments: