Wednesday, July 22, 2015
PGA TOUR Shifts North for RBC Canadian Open
Twenty-seven players are scheduled to tee it up at Glen Abbey Golf Club after having competed in the Open Championship.
Two-time NCAA first-team All-American also will make his professional debut in Canada, after finishing T-12 at St. Andrews in his final competitive start as an amateur.
Sergio Garcia and Patrick Reed will tee it up at the Omega European Masters in Switzerland, with the event being contested for the first time since 1977 in the week immediately following the Open Championship.
And World No. 1 Inbee Park – with three victories this season – leads the field at the Meijer LPGA Classic in Michigan, where Park came up short in 2014 after losing to Mirim Lee in a playoff.
RBC Canadian Open
Dates: July 23-26
Venue: Glen Abbey Golf Club, Oakville, Ont., Canada
Tournament Airtimes on Golf Channel (Eastern):
* Thursday 3-6 p.m. (Live) / 6:30-9:30 p.m.
* Friday 3-6 p.m. (Live) / 6:30-9:30 p.m.
* Saturday 1-2:30 p.m. (Live)
* Sunday 1-2:30 p.m. (Live)
* 27 players – including top-10 finishers Jason Day and Brooks Koepka – will make the 3,300 mile trip from St. Andrews to Ontario to tee it up this week.
* Schniederjans making professional debut: Coming off a T-12 finish in the Open Championship, Georgia Tech grad and two-time NCAA first-team All-American Ollie Schniederjans will make his debut as a professional this week, having competed as an amateur for the final time at St. Andrews.
* Clark defends: Tim Clark finished one shot ahead of Jim Furyk for his second career PGA TOUR win.
* Headlining the field: Bubba Watson, Jason Day, Jim Furyk, Matt Kuchar, Ernie Els, Steve Stricker, Brooks Koepka, Graeme McDowell, Luke Donald and Ollie Schniederjans.
Golf Channel Broadcast Team:
Play by Play: Brian Hammons
Analyst: Curt Byrum
Tower: Frank Nobilo / Craig Perks
On-Course: Phil Parkin