PGA TOUR players to compete at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club for first time since 2005
(PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va.) – Tournament host and two-time Quicken Loans National champion Tiger Woods is slated to compete in the 120-player field at the 2015 Quicken Loans National, contested at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club, July 28 – Aug. 2. Two-time champion Justin Rose will look to defend his title, while 2015 THE PLAYERS champion Rickie Fowler will compete in his second Quicken Loans National. Visit www.QLNational.com for ticket opportunities.
“This is exciting for all of us, to go back to RTJ. I haven't been there since 2005,” Woods said at media day, June 8. “I don't know how far back they're going to play it. But it's a heck of a test.”
In addition to Woods, Rose and Fowler, Tournament Director Mike Antolini has announced the following commitments:
· Chris Kirk – Behind the strength of a 2014 campaign highlighted by a win at the Deutsche Bank Championship, Kirk captured his fourth TOUR victory at the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational. As of early July, Kirk has six top-15 finishes on this year’s resume. This will be Kirk’s first year competing in the Quicken Loans National.
· Brandt Snedeker – The 2012 FedExCup champion has seven TOUR wins since 2007 under his belt, including the 2015 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. Snedeker’s best finish at the Quicken Loans National was a tie for eighth in 2013.
· Vijay Singh – Singh will be competing in his second Quicken Loans National after a T34 appearance in 2013. The 34-time PGA TOUR winner will seek another victory to add to his resume and has tallied three top 25 finishes this year.
· Gary Woodland – Woodland will compete in his fourth Quicken Loans National, with his best finish in 2013 at T16. Woodland’s 2015 campaign is highlighted by a finals appearance at the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Match Play against eventual champion Rory McIlroy.
· Davis Love III- Love is no stranger to RTJ, having competed in all four Presidents Cup competitions held at the course. This will be the veteran’s seventh year competing in the Quicken Loans National.
“We have a great field coming together for the 2015 Quicken Loans National and we are looking forward to seeing more players commit in the coming weeks,” Antolini said. “Fans are going to have a front-row seat to exciting competition and it’s great to see players support the foundation and the event.”
All will be playing for a purse of $6.7 million, including a top prize of $1,206,000.
Thanks to the tremendous support of volunteers, dedicated sponsors and the DMV community, the Quicken Loans National has grown into one of the premier stops on the PGA TOUR, boasting an impressive list of champions -- K.J. Choi, Tiger Woods, Justin Rose, Nick Watney and Bill Haas. The event raises funds and awareness for the Tiger Woods Foundation, while paying tribute to our armed forces.
Details on all ticket options are available at QLNational.com. Buy your tickets online and choose our free “print-at-home” option to avoid lines and additional service fees at tournament will call. Golf fans can also follow the latest news surrounding the Quicken Loans National on the official tournament social media sites, @QLNational on Twitter andthe Facebook page.