Viewership Momentum Leads to Compelling Stretch, Including World Golf Championships-Cadillac Match Play, THE PLAYERS Championship and 25 Consecutive Days of Live Golf
(ORLANDO, Fla.) – Golf Channel posted its most-watched April ever and served 16.3 million unique viewers, which was driven by increases across the network’s programming schedule. For 24-hour Total Day (6AM-6AM), 132,000 average viewers per minute were tuned into Golf Channel in April, representing a 2% year-over-year increase compared to April 2014 (130,000) and the network’s most-watched month since August 2013 (138,000), as well as a 53% increase since Golf Channel joined NBC Sports Group, according to data released by The Nielsen Company.
GOLF CHANNEL APRIL VIEWERSHIP COMPARISON
2015 - 132,000
2014 - 130,000 - +2%
2013 - 128,000 - +4%
2012 - 115,000 - +15%
2011 - 101,000 - +31%
2010 - 86,000 - +53%
Additionally, Golf Channel retained its status in April as No. 1 most-affluent network in all of television with the highest median household income for total day viewership (#2 NBCSN and #3 CNBC round out the top three networks for this metric). Golf Channel also was the No. 1 most-affluent network in all of television in primetime (#2 NBCSN).
While monthly digital traffic data is not final until the end of the calendar month and will include two days of live coverage of the WGC-Cadillac Match Play, Golf Channel Digital’s traffic through Tuesday, April 28 already has set several records, according to Adobe Site Catalyst:
* Golf Channel Digital 90.98 million page views (+40% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
* Golf Channel Digital 17.23 million visits (+37% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
* GolfChannel.com 5.6 million unique visitors (+23% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
Additionally, Golf Live Extra generated 674,000 live stream starts (+38% YOY) and 13.33 million minutes watched (+93% YOY) so far in April 2015.
UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS ON GOLF CHANNEL, GOLF CHANNEL ON NBC
Golf Channel will carry momentum of this record viewership and traffic into May with a slate of live golf coverage and in-depth news and analysis, including:
* World Golf Championships-Cadillac Match Play (Wednesday, April 29 – Sunday, May 3): With the new World Cup-style group format, Golf Channel and NBC will feature the match-play action from TPC Harding Park all this week. And Saturday’s Quarterfinal Matches will be featured in primetime on NBC at the conclusion of the Kentucky Derby.
* THE PLAYERS Championship (Thursday, May 7 – Sunday, May 10): More than 90 hours of live coverage during the week devoted to featuring the year’s top field in golf, including Golf Central’s Live from THE PLAYERS and Morning Drive onsite at TPC Sawgrass.
* 25 Consecutive Days of Live Golf (Thursday, May 14 – June 7): Starting Thursday, May 14, Golf Channel will link 25 straight days of live golf, which will include PGA TOUR, LPGA Tour, European Tour, Web.com Tour and Champions Tour events, as well as coverage Mondays through Wednesdays of the LET Turkish Airlines Ladies Open (May 18-20), NCAA Women’s Golf National Championships (May 25-27) and NCAA Men’s Golf National Championships (June 1-3).