Meaningless fall golf at the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic? Not for the professionals hovering around the magical money-list mark of 125. And you can add extra drama and excitement to this weekend's action ... in the name of Charlie Beljan. Let's count the reasons:
1. Tour rookie leading after 36 holes;
2. Thought he was going to die during the second round;
3. Shot 64 while thinking he was going to die;
4. Rushed to the hospital immediately after signing his card;
5. Spent the night in said hospital;
6. Decided to play despite doctors' recommendation;
7. Maintained the lead after 54 holes!
Beljan is a made for (Golf Channel) TV movie waiting to happen. American Golfer is hoping he can hold on, win the tournament, earn full playing privileges for 2013 and fully recover from what has been ailing him.