Golf Channel’s Signature News Program Dating Back to the Network’s Launch in 1995;
Now the Unrivaled News Leader for Millions of Golf Fans Worldwide
(ORLANDO, Fla.) – Golf Channel is modernizing it daily evening news show, Golf Central, expanding it from a nightly newscast to a day-long platform enhanced with innovative digital extensions. Golf Central was the first show to air on Golf Channel when co-founder Arnold Palmer launched the network in 1995 and continues to deliver in-depth analysis, breaking news reports, interviews with golf’s biggest stars and highlights from the game’s top professional tours.
“Golf Central has been a cornerstone of Golf Channel for 23 years,” said Molly Solomon, executive vice president of content and executive producer, Golf Channel. “We continue to look for opportunities to evolve how we best serve the millions of golf fans worldwide that turn to Golf Central as their unrivaled source for golf news. This reimagined, daylong platform is designed for the digital lifestyle of our golf fans – who turn to us on-air, online and on-the-go when they want the latest news from the golf world.”
With the support of TaylorMade Golf, Golf Channel looked to identify innovative ways to connect with golfers throughout the day. The resulting partnership established TaylorMade, the Carlsbad-based golf company, as the presenting sponsor of Golf Channel’s new Golf Central content platform.
“The media consumption behaviors of passionate golfers continue to evolve,” said David Abeles, CEO and president, TaylorMade Golf. “Our partnership with Golf Central allows us to more deeply integrate our brand, world-class Tour athletes and innovative products into the fabric of this new programming format. It’s a comprehensive approach that allows TaylorMade Golf to be at the center of golf news, information and performance moments.”
The reimagined Golf Central will feature regular enhancements, including:
· Golf Central Updates within Morning Drive, the network’s daily morning show.
· News updates throughout the day – both on linear television and digital segments from Golf Channel’s state-of-the-art newsroom.
· Facebook Live and Twitter video updates with hosts and analysts, leading into evening newscasts.
· Utilization of the critically acclaimed “Playing Through” commercial format in Golf Central pre-game coverage. This will be similar to how NBC Sports’ enhances live tournament coverage at The Open, Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, and Solheim Cup, as well as applications within NBC Sports’ coverage of the Super Bowl and Winter Olympics.
· Innovative TaylorMade-sponsored features and content integrations.