Tour Championship Win Delivers Golf's Premier Prize - The FedEx Cup
(Covington, Ga.) — Continuing the best season of his professional golf career, Brandt Snedeker doubled-up with the TOUR B330 golf ball to command a three-shot victory at the 2012 TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola on Sunday and capture the coveted FedEx Cup.
In his victory, Snedeker relied on Bridgestone’s TOUR B330 golf ball, J40 Cavity Back Irons and J40 Black Oxide Wedges.
Brandt’s Bridgestone Arsenal
* 2012 TOUR B330 Golf Ball
* J40 Cavity Back Irons (4-PW)
* J40 Satin Chrome Wedges (52 and 56 degrees)
Snedeker finished the week ranked #1 in Birdies (20), #1 in Stroked-Gained-Putting (1.676), #2 in Driving Accuracy (66%), #2 in Putts Per Round (27.5) and T7 in Greens-In-Regulation (69.4%). After an early final round double bogey, Snedeker relied on the increased consistency and spin performance of the TOUR B330 and the precision shot-making of the J40 Cavity Back irons to bounce back and card four birdies down the stretch.
“The new dual dimples on the cover of the B330 ball allows it to perform great in the wind,” said Snedeker. “Even in the blustery conditions at East Lake, I had confidence in firing at pins coming down the stretch, because the ball holds its line so well.”
“Brandt has turned in one incredible year, and we’re just glad that we could play a small part in it,” said Dan Murphy, Vice President of Marketing – Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “To have our first FedEx Cup Champion is amazing and for him to seal-the-deal here, in Bridgestone’s hometown of Atlanta, just makes it even more special.”
Snedeker’s victory at the TOUR Championship combined with FedEx Cup award gives him a total earnings windfall of $11,144,000, vaulting him into first place on the 2012 PGA TOUR Money List and into the Top 10 in the Official World Golf Rankings for the first time in his career.
Brandt Snedeker’s impressive performance at East Lake this weekend makes for a fitting exclamation point on the Bridgestone Golf Tour Team’s 2012 season to remember. The 2012 season featured victories on all four major professional golf tours (PGA TOUR, CHAMPIONS, Web.Com, and LPGA), and now Bridgestone Golf players currently hold three of the most prestigious titles in golf (2012 PLAYERS Championship, 2012 TOUR Championship and 2012 FedEx Cup Champ.) In addition, this week, Bridgestone Tour team members, Davis Love III, Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker will all play a part in the United States team’s effort to to regain the Ryder Cup. Below is a rewind of the Bridgestone Tour team’s most memorable moments from the 2012 season.
- Davis Love III named 2012 Ryder Cup Captain
- Fred Couples and Nick Price named 2013 Presidents Cup Captains
- 2012 Farmer’s Insurance Open Winner – Brandt Snedeker
- 2012 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Winner – Fred Couples
- 2012 LPGA Lotte Championship Winner – Ai Miyazato
- 2012 Stadion Classic at UGA Winner – Hudson Swafford
- 2012 PLAYERS Championship Winner – Matt Kuchar
- 2012 Wal-Mart NW Arkansas Championship Winner – Ai Miyazato
- 2012 The Senior Open Championship Winner – Fred Couples
- 2012 Safeway Classic Winner – Mika Miyazato
- 2012 TOUR Championship Winner – Brandt Snedeker
- 2012 FedEx Cup Winner – Brandt Snedeker
- Fred Couples Named 2013 World Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
Visit www.bridgestonegolf.com to see Bridgestone Golf’s entire 2012 Tour Team and to view the complete lineup of new products.