Five Greens Enlarged, 18th Hole Lengthened to Amplify Strategic Options
(MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica) - Cinnamon Hill Golf Course - adjacent to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa on Jamaica's famed Rose Hall Plantation - has improved five greens on its front nine and created a longer par-5 18th hole.
Putting surfaces on Holes 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 were enlarged, restoring several pin positions from the original 1969 design and 2001 renovation by Robert von Hagge. Several were also re-contoured to better accommodate modern green speeds.
• Expanding the right-front portion of the first green to create a flatter, fairer pin position, and widening the back half to more appropriately reward players attacking the par 5 with second shots
• Stretching the back of the par-4 fifth green to the edge of the Caribbean Sea, bringing water into play on three sides and returning the "bite" to one of Cinnamon Hill's signature holes
• Introducing a challenging front-right pin position only steps from the ocean on the par-3 sixth
• Extending the front- and back-right sections of the par-4 seventh green to enhance the defense afforded by a tall almond tree and bunkers
• Moving the green on the par-4 eighth closer to a bunker left and short forcing players to think twice about firing at a flag tucked just over the hazard
On the back nine, a new white tee was built on the par-5 18th hole. The 30 extra yards have revived its "risk-reward" features, as a putt for eagle now requires an aggressive line off the tee and solid second shot to carry a ravine protecting the green.
"Our modifications to Cinnamon Hill have further improved its already impressive shot values and overall playing experience," says Robbie Ames, Director of Golf. "Come join us to see how Cinnamon Hill captures Jamaica's unique vibe and creates a 'must play' for golfers of all abilities."
"Stay and play" packages that include golf at Cinnamon Hill and accommodations at the neighboring, all-inclusive Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa are available. Rates begin at $953 per person (based on double occupancy).
To book or for more information, please contact Sherri-Ann Leslie: email@example.com, 876.953.2650.
Getting There: The Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa and Cinnamon Hill Golf Course are only 15 minutes from Montego Bay's Sangster International Airport (MBJ). It is serviced by frequent non-stop flights from New York, Chicago, Boston, Miami, Washington, Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Orlando, Toronto, Montreal and other major cities.
Re-designed by celebrated architect Robert von Hagge in 2001, the 6,828-yard, par-72 Cinnamon Hill Golf Course - highly ranked by Golf Digest and Golfweek - excites low-handicap and resort golfers alike. The open, windswept front nine features several holes just steps from the azure Caribbean Sea. It is complemented by a tight back nine that gently climbs 300 feet into the Jamaican hills. Notable landmarks include ancient aqueducts and famous waterfall behind the 15th green, site of the James Bond movie "Live and Let Die."
For more information: www.cinnamonhilljamaica.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 876.953.2984 or 876.953.9381.
Nestled between turquoise Caribbean waters and Jamaica's lush Blue Mountains, the all-inclusive, 489-room Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa boasts a premier ocean-front location in Montego Bay. Its 1,800-foot ribbon of private, white-sand beach headlines 30,000 square feet of unique outdoor venues. Other highlights include the acclaimed Cinnamon Hill Golf Course, Sugar Mill Falls Water Park (Jamaica's largest), full-service signature spa, water sports center, six lighted tennis courts, diverse restaurants and meeting and banquet facilities.
For more information: www.rosehallresort.com, 866.799.3661.