Biggest Comeback Victory Ever in a World Golf Championship Moves Kaymer to No. 4 in the World
(Carlsbad, Calif.) – TaylorMade Tour Staff Professional Martin Kaymer birdied nine out of his last 12 holes to close with a 63 and win the WGC-HSBC Golf Champions event. Kaymer, who began the final round five strokes behind the leader, finished the tournament 20-under-par-268, three shots clear of the runner-up finisher.
The 2010 PGA Championship winner averaged 287 yards off the tee with his R11 driver, which gave him numerous short-iron shots into the greens at Sheshan International Golf Course, in Shanghai. Kaymer also wore adidas Golf adiPURE footwear in his second victory of the year (Abu Dhabi was his first).
With the win, Kaymer moves to No. 4 in Official World Golf Rankings and moves into second place on The Race to Dubai.
What’s in Martin’s Bag:
* R11 driver 8
* R9 fairway 13
* Rescue 11 TP hybrid 16
* RAC TP irons (3-PW)
* TP xFT ZTP wedges (54, 58)
* Penta TP golf ball
* adidas Golf adiPURE footwear
* TaylorMade TP Glove
* Kaymer’s win in Shanghai represented the biggest comeback win ever in a WGC event
* The win was Kaymer’s second of the year (won Abu Dhabi)
* Kaymer is the 10th player to win a WGC and Major Championship
* Kaymer now ranks No. 4 in the Official World Golf Rankings