Thursday, June 8, 2023

PING Signs William Mouw to Multi-Year Agreement

(PHOENIX) — William Mouw, a three-time All-American at Pepperdine University, has turned pro and joined PING’s global tour staff, company CEO & President John K. Solheim announced today. The 22-year-old Mouw, who makes his professional debut at this week’s Korn Ferry BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by TD Synnex, was previously under contract with PING through an NIL (Name, Image, Likeness) agreement. 

“William’s record is extremely impressive, going back to his victory at the Junior World Championships as a 14-year-old and his recent success at Pepperdine that included an NCAA team title in 2021,” Solheim said. “Since then, he’s continually added to his long list of accomplishments. I really like his approach to the game. He plays with a lot of confidence and has a well-rounded game. He has a strong faith, and his outgoing personality is very engaging.  He’ll be fun to watch, and we’re excited to have him join our staff and represent PING.”

Born in Chino, California, Mouw joins the pro ranks after a decorated amateur career that includes being a member of the winning Walker Cup team in 2021 and qualifying for the last five U.S. Amateur Championships (first qualifying as a 17-year-old). He won the anchor match 4&3 at the 2021 D1 NCAA Championships to help secure the team title for Pepperdine. As a 14-year-old, he won the 2015 Junior Worlds in his first significant tournament as a junior, shooting a final-round 65 for a one-shot victory. He also played in the 2022 U.S. Open and won last year’s Trans-Mississippi Championship at Denver Country Club in a playoff. At Ontario Christian High School he played four years on the golf team and also starred on the basketball team.

“I played a lot of sports growing up, so I didn’t get really serious about golf until I was 14 when I won the Junior Worlds,” said Mouw, who finished 6th in the PGA Tour U standings to gain conditional status on the Korn Ferry Tour through the end of the season. “I was playing Anser irons at the time and I’ve played PING equipment ever since. It was there I got to know PING’s rep Jeff Brown, who invited me to visit PING’s facility in Phoenix, which allowed me to get to know the PING story and what it means to golf. I’ve always been impressed by their family atmosphere and commitment to engineering and building the best equipment in the game. They make sure to properly fit me and custom-build my clubs to give me the confidence to compete at the highest level. I’m excited to begin my professional career as part of the PING staff.”

Mouw is making his professional debut playing a G430 MAX driver, G430 MAX 3-wood, i230 irons, Glide 4.0 wedges and a PLD putter.

No comments: