(RELEASE) - Yesterday’s final round coverage of the Valspar Championship on NBC (3-6p ET) earned a 5.11 Overnight rating (+190% year-over-year), becoming the highest-rated (non-major) PGA TOUR broadcast in nearly five years, dating back to the final round of Tiger Woods’ win at the 2013 PLAYERS Championship (5.7). Sunday’s final round Overnight also is the highest-rated golf telecast (outside of the Masters) since the 2015 PGA Championship (5.14) according to data released by The Nielsen Company.
Golf Channel’s final round lead-in coverage (1-3p ET) earned a 1.65 Overnight, becoming the highest-rated Golf Channel PGA TOUR “lead-in” telecast on record (2009-’18).
· Coverage peaked at a 6.62 from 5:30-6p ET on NBC and a 2.12 from 2:30-3p ET on Golf Channel.
· Final Round coverage of the Valspar Championship on NBC was +28% vs. final round of the 2015 Wyndham Championship (4.0), the last time Tiger Woods contended on a Sunday, and +73% vs. final round of The Honda Classic a few weeks ago.
· The Valspar Championship saw 27.2 million minutes streamed across Golf Channel / NBC Sports’ Digital platforms, becoming the most-streamed PGA TOUR event ever for the network, and the fourth-most streamed golf event overall for NBC Sports behind the 2016 and 2017 Open, along with the 2016 Ryder Cup. (source: Adobe Analytics)
· Sunday’s coverage saw 15.4 million minutes streamed, +1060% vs. 2017.
· In the event’s home market of Tampa, the final round Overnight rating was a 10.98.
ARNOLD PALMER INVITATIONAL PRESENTED BY MASTERCARD:
NBC Sports’ stretch of exclusive PGA TOUR coverage continues this week, with Golf Central (6p ET tonight) and Morning Drive originating from on-site at the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard. Live tournament coverage begins at 2 p.m. ET Thursday-Friday on Golf Channel, with third and final round coverage continuing on NBC this weekend.