(COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.) – The countdown has begun. March 17 marks 100 days until the start of the 39th U.S. Senior Open at The Broadmoor. This United States Golf Association (USGA) National Championship will begin staged on The Broadmoor East Course Monday, June 25 through Sunday, July 1. The Senior Open will serve as the capstone event of The Broadmoor’s year-long Centennial Celebration.
- Elway: 2018 U.S. Senior Open Honorary Chair, John Elway, will attempt to qualify at The Broadmoor on Monday, May 28.
- Corporate Hospitality: 94% of the hospitality inventory has been sold due to a tremendous response from local, regional and national companies. A limited number of custom packages remain available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tickets: Tickets have been purchased by fans in 47 states. A variety of ticket options, including the recent release of the Medalist Package (including a Broadmoor Centennial commemorative coin), are available for purchase on the championship website.
- Kids in Free: The championship provides all kids, 17 and under, free admission when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Kids are encouraged to visit the junior tent located in the main entrance where they can get a complimentary golf lesson and information about junior golf programs.
- Military Ticket Discount: All Active Duty, Retirees, Active Reserve, and Veterans of any branch of service and immediate dependents receive complimentary admission on Monday, June 25th for Military Day at The Open (MDO) and 50% off gallery ticket options for the remainder of the week.
Details are available on the championship website.
- Television Coverage: FOX Sports will provide five days of live coverage including primetime exposure Thursday, June 28 through Sunday, July 1.
- Volunteers: 98% of the volunteer positions needed are currently full. Applications are still being accepted for juniors ages 13-17. To register please visit the championship website and use code “Junior.”
“The countdown to the celebration of the century is on,” said Russ Miller, Broadmoor Director of Golf. “Golf’s greatest test will definitely be the highlight of The Broadmoor’s Centennial Celebration. The excitement for the championship continues to grow each and every day.”
To learn more, visit usga.org.