Nine KemperSports facilities recognized in annual list featuring the best courses built after 1960
(NORTHBROOK, Ill.) – KemperSports announced today that nine of its managed properties were featured in Golfweek Magazine’s Best Modern Courses list – more than any other golf management company. The annual list, which was published in the March 21 issue of the magazine, utilizes a 10-point rating system and is compiled from visits from hundreds of Golfweek raters throughout the year.
"It is a true honor to have so many golf facilities that we manage ranked among the best in the modern era,” said KemperSports Chief Executive Officer Steve Skinner. “These accolades are a true testament to the vision of our clients, the architects and the quality of the staff that manages each facility.”
KemperSports-managed properties that were honored include:
* No. 2 – Pacific Dunes – Bandon, Ore.
* No. 6 – Old Macdonald – Bandon, Ore.
* No. 8 – Bandon Dunes – Bandon, Ore.
* No. 22 – Bandon Trails – Bandon, Ore.
* No. 24 – Chambers Bay – University Place, Wash.
* No. 28 – The Dunes Club – New Buffalo, Mich.
* No. 29 – Streamsong Red – Streamsong, Fla.
* No. 43 – Streamsong Blue – Streamsong, Fla.
* No. 86 – The Prairie Club (Dunes) – Valentine, Neb.
The Dunes course at The Prairie Club saw the most significant jump in the rankings as it moved up nine spots to No. 86. KemperSports has managed The Prairie Club since early 2012.
All four 18-hole courses at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, which is owned by Mike Keiser and has been managed by KemperSports since opening in 1999, were featured among the top-25 courses – the most of any one resort or destination in the country.
For more information on KemperSports, visit www.kempersports.com.