www.canadianrockiesgolf.net) – the collection of inspiring mountain golf courses in Banff, Jasper and Canmore – announces 2014 season-opening dates.
* April 25: Canmore Golf & Curling Club (practice range open now, weather permitting)
* May 2: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course
* May 2: Tunnel Golf Course at The Fairmont Banff Springs
* May 9: Stanley Thompson Golf Course at The Fairmont Banff Springs
* May 9: Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club
* May 15: Silvertip Resort Golf Course
* Closed until further notice: Kananaskis Country Golf Course
The Alberta Canadian Rockies golf destination is renowned for its course designs, mountain vistas, immaculate conditions, exemplary customer service, culinary cornucopia, and après-golf ambiance.
A place for upscale stay-and-play experiences amid one of the world’s most beautiful mountain destinations, Canadian Rockies Golf is golf that inspires.
For more information or to book packages, visit www.canadianrockiesgolf.net or call 1.855.835.8484.
With a resume that exudes destination experience and quality, including positions at The Fairmont Banff Springs and Canmore Golf & Curling Club, Doug Wood is the new general manager at Silvertip Resort in Canmore.
“It’s wonderful to be back in the mountains,” said Wood, who was instrumental in helping found the Canadian Rockies Golf consortia. “Silvertip has an amazing future ahead of it and it’s a gorgeous place, as is the entire area. I’ve been a lot of places, but few can touch the Canadian Rockies golf courses for their variety and excellence.”
In addition to the beautiful, challenging golf course, Silvertip is home to a robust events schedule, including many weddings, due to the spectacular setting and resort’s quality.
For example, its Rustica restaurant features Alberta prime beef, extraordinary views, and has earned awards from Wine Spectator and other leading publications.
Golfers are encouraged to call 1.877.877.5444 for advance reservations.