Regional Qualifiers Begin in September, National Championship in November
(PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLORIDA) – EWGA (www.ewga.com), the trend-setting organization which enables current and aspiring business and professional women to connect through golf, will host the Champions Cup, an amateur match play competition beginning September 7.
* Sept. 7-9: Great Lakes/Northeast Regional- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort- Links Golf Course, Farmington, PA
* Sept. 7-9 Western/Pacific Regional- Industry Hills Golf Club- Babe Zaharias Course, City of Industry, CA
* Sept. 14-16 Atlantic/Southern Regional- Port Royal Golf Club- Barony Course, Hilton Head, SC
* Sept. 21-23: Central/Midwest Regional- Alvamar Country Club, Lawrence, KS
* Nov. 8-11: Sycuan Resort- Oak Glen Course, El Cajon, CA
A region with six or more teams represented will advance two teams to the National Championship and a region with five or less teams will advance one team.
“The EWGA mantra is about connecting women through playing golf and the Champions Cup is designed for our members to play within teams of their peers in a competitive yet fun environment,” says Pam Swensen, CEO/President of the EWGA. “We are excited to see which of our regions will produce the next Champions Cup winners.”
Eligibility is open to all 14,000 EWGA members, situated in 130 nationwide chapters in nearly every metropolitan city, who are female amateur golfers, have a verifiable USGA Handicap Index and are in good standing. Chapters may field multiple teams for the competition or inter-chapter teams may be formed. Teams may register online and each region has space for 15 teams. Prizes will be awarded to the top two teams at both the Regional Qualifiers and the National Championship.
Last year’s winners were the members of the team from Washington, DC and coming in a close second were the Windy City B.A.B.E.S. The first EWGA national match play championship took place in 2011 with nine teams and a total of 106 players competing for the Champions Cup title.
For more information about the EWGA Champions Cup please visit www.ewgachampionscup.com. For information on EWGA membership please visit www.ewga.com.