Friday, December 5, 2014
Carmel-by-the-Sea inns reveal discounted rates, packages for winter, AT&T golf
* Carmel Country Inn, Dolores Street and 3rd Avenue. Stay three consecutive weeknights (Sunday-Thursday) and the third night is free through March 26, 2015. The offer is not valid for existing reservations or during holiday periods. The inn also is offering a “February is for Valentines” midweek package, which includes king studio or deluxe king suite accommodations, plus champagne and chocolates upon arrival. Blackout dates are Feb. 12-15. Call 800.215.6343 or visit www.carmelcountryinn.com.
* Colonial Terrace, San Antonio Street between 12th & 13th Streets. Special midweek deals start at $109/night now through Jan. 31, 2015. Ocean-view rooms start at $189/night. Call (800) 345-8220 or visit www.thecolonialterrace.com.
* Hofsas House, San Carlos Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues. A “Get in the Mood for Shopping” package is available through Dec. 23. Upon arrival, guests receive a bottle of Monterey wine or sparkling cider, or a gingerbread house to decorate, as well as a Hofsas House shopping tote. Call 800.221.2548 or visit www.hofsashouse.com, and either mention “Carmel Holiday Special” when calling or enter when booking online.
* Horizon Inn and Ocean View Lodge, Junipero Street and 3rd Avenue. The inns, located next to each other, are offering special discounted winter rates through February. Rates are 30 percent off rack rate on weekdays, and 20 percent off on weekends. To check on availability and rates, call 800.350.7723. For more on the inns, visit www.horizoninncarmel.com.
* Inns by the Sea. Guests who book a reservation through Dec. 23 at any of Inns by the Sea’s five downtown Carmel properties – Candle Light Inn, Carriage House Inn, Dolphin Inn, Svendsgaard’s Inn and Wayside Inn – will receive $20 off the best available rate. Call 800.433.4732 and mention promotion code CARMELC, or book online at innsbythesea.com.
* Lobos Lodge, Ocean Avenue and Monte Verde Street. When guests stay three midweek nights, they received the third night free. The offer is effective through March 31, 2015 and excludes holidays and special events. Call 831.624.3874 or visit www.loboslodge.com.
* Sea View Inn, Camino Real Street between 11th and 12th Avenues. All rates through April 2015 are discounted by 20 percent per night for midweek stays, excluding holidays and special events. Call 831.624.8778 or visit www.seaviewinncarmel.com.
* Tradewinds Carmel, Mission Street and 3rd Avenue. The Inn’s “Soothe Your Soul” package includes one or two nights’ lodging, split 90-minute massage, $75 dining certificate at one of four selected Carmel restaurants, and a box of gourmet chocolates. Tradewinds also is offering two packages for the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, Feb. 9-15, 2015: 1) “Without the Crowds” includes lodging for one night (Sunday-Wednesday, Feb. 8-11) and two same-day passes to practice rounds on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday; 2) “Golf & Romance” package includes four nights’ lodging (Wednesday through Saturday), split 90-minute massage, box of gourmet chocolates and shuttle passes to golf tournament. To book any of the packages, or for rates and more information, call 831.624.2776. Visit www.tradewindscarmel.com for more on the inn.
It’s never been easier to get to Carmel. Monterey Regional Airport (MRY), a 10-minute drive from downtown Carmel, has recently added direct flights to and from San Diego. Other direct flight routes include San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Phoenix.
The Carmel Hospitality Improvement District – a joint organization of the City of Carmel, Carmel Chamber of Commerce and Carmel Innkeepers Association – is working to promote the village’s abundant attractions, events, and stunning seaside location. From its incomparable white-sand beach to many choices of distinctive meeting venues and lodging properties, Carmel-by-the-Sea has it all. For more information, visit www.carmelcalifornia.com.