Jason Day joins his TaylorMade Speed Police Crew at the top of the Official World Golf Rankings after Match Play Win
(CARLSBAD, Calif.) – With his win at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship last week, TaylorMade-adidas Golf Tour Staff professional Jason Day (@JDayGolf) joined fellow TaylorMade staffers and Speed Police Members Dustin Johnson (@DJohnsonPGA), Justin Rose (@JustinRose99) and Sergio Garcia (@TheSergioGarcia) in the Top-10 of the Official World Golf Rankings. Day climbed to the No. 4 spot while Rose remains at No. 6, Garcia at No. 9 and Johnson at No. 10.
Day’s victory, his second on the PGA Tour, coincided with the launch of the Speed Police advertising campaign – which touts JetSpeed metalwoods whilst featuring overzealous, marionette-cops based on the four PGA Tour stars. The foursome patrols golf courses, shaking down unsuspecting golfers playing outdated equipment.
The Speed Police Members have more in common than a love for busting perps. All four play the SLDR driver, Tour Preferred X golf ball and a version on the new Tour Preferred irons. Both Day and Garcia carry the Tour Preferred MC model, which features the innovative Speed Pocket technology in 3-7 irons. Rose plays a combo set comprised of a Tour Preferred CB 3-iron, MC (4-6 iron) and MB (7-PW). Johnson, who prefers the traditional look and feel of pure blade, has a complete Tour Preferred MB set 3-PW.
Each Speed Police member has enjoyed a successful run on their way to the OWGR Top 10.
The Match Play win marked the second consecutive WGC event won by a Speed Police Member, as Dustin Johnson was victorious at the HSBC-WGC Championship last November in Shanghai, China.
Two wins in three starts catapulted Garcia into the Top-10. Garcia dueled with Justin Rose en route to victory at the 2013 Thailand Golf Championship last December before winning the Qatar Masters the following month.
Rose, the reigning U.S. Open Champion, returned from injury earlier this month at the Northern Trust Open at Riviera. Rose is playing his way back into form as the PGA Tour gets ready for the Florida Swing.
With Day’s victory, every member of the Speed Police has now claimed a WGC title in their careers.
TaylorMade Fun Facts
* Six of the top 10 golfers in the current Official World Golf Rankings have or currently do play the TaylorMade SLDR driver.
* SLDR has been the number one driver on the PGA Tour for 22 consecutive weeks.
* Jason Day has a stellar 14-3 career record in the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship.
* Jason Day never trailed in the final 53 holes of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship.
* 23 combined career PGA Tour victories between the four Speed Police members.
* 13 combined career Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup appearances between the four Speed Police members.
* Dustin Johnson is one of only two players to win once in each of their first seven PGA Tour seasons.