(ROUND ROCK, TX) – KemperSports will begin construction on a comprehensive renovation of Forest Creek Golf Club, located on the East Side of Round Rock, Texas. The ambitious golf course improvement plan will further highlight the natural beauty of the Hill Country and improve playability and conditioning of the golf course by implementing industry-leading technology and construction practices.
· Rebuilding all 18 greens, practice putting green and chipping green to USGA specifications
· Creation of optional 19th hole
· Complete renovation of the driving range, including new tee area, range lighting, netting regrading, target greens, sand traps
· Reconstruction of all bunkers throughout the golf course
· Improved drainage in low lying areas of the course
· Installation of new course irrigation system
· Replacement and renovation of bridges and other infrastructure
The renovation will also include tree clearing and planting of native grasses to further enhance the courses beauty.
“We are confident that this renovation will set Forest Creek Golf Club on a path for continued success,” said KemperSports CEO Steve Skinner. “The city’s investment in the course will solidify Forest Creek as the Hill Country’s Home for Golf for many years to come.”
Due to the scope of the project, the golf course will be closed for play beginning January 1, 2018, with plans to re-open late Summer 2018. During construction, the Player’s Grill and Forest Room will remain open for dining and special events.
For more information about Forest Creek Golf Club, visit www.ForestCreek.com.