Lightweight, Running-Inspired Design Offers Exceptional Agility and Performance
(LONDONDERRY, NH) – ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – announces the launch of ECCO S-DRIVE, a hybrid shoe inspired by the running market featuring a lightweight, technical construction for a combination of flexibility and stability.
Boasting an asymmetrical closure, ECCO S-DRIVE (MSRP $160) naturally cradles the foot for maximum comfort. The dual-material upper is crafted from a soft, breathable mesh bonded with microfiber to move freely with the foot and enhance fit, feel and durability.
“We’ve taken inspiration from the best features of modern running shoes to make a golf shoe that is unlike anything else on the market and, fundamentally, will really perform,” says ECCO Lead Designer Andrzej Bikowski. “It holds every facet necessary to play golf at the highest level, including stability, support and ECCO’s quintessential comfort.”
Available in bold color combinations and athletic styling, the ECCO S-DRIVE upper sits atop a performance-inspired last and midsole enforced with a stability wing to prevent the foot from rolling during the swing.
Additional features of ECCO S-DRIVE include:
- Weather Resistance - Treated with HYDROMAX for superb weather and perspiration resistance.
- Technical Insole System - Removable Ortholite inlay sole offers long-term cushioning, enhanced breathability, antimicrobial function and the option of extra width.
- Superior Stability – Direct-injected PU stability wing wrap up serves as an extension of the midsole for added support through the swing.
- Tour-Proven Traction – Constructed from direct-injected TPU – a highly durable, wear-resistant material – the E-DTS outsole offers hundreds of traction angles for superb grip.
- Like all ECCO golf shoes, ECCO S-DRIVE is crafted at company-owned factories that utilize the DIP to bond the upper and outsole unit, creating a one-piece shoe without the use of glue or stitching. - Benefits include flexibility, durability and a lightweight construction.
ECCO Golf shoes are worn in competition around the world by Fred Couples, Ernie Els, Smylie Kaufman, Peter Hanson, Thomas Bjørn, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee, Caroline Masson and Gerina Piller, among others.
For more information: www.eccousa.com