(ORLANDO, Fla.) – The 66th United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will join Emmy-nominated television personality David Feherty on the next episode of Feherty presented by Farmers Insurance, premiering Monday, March 27 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel.
· Encouragement received from her parents, and their belief that Rice would need to be “twice as good” to overcome obstacles of growing up in segregation in Birmingham, Alabama, and utilizing the importance of education as an “armor” against prejudice.
· Her hopes for the direction of the Trump administration, and thoughts on the evolution of the Russian government.
· An epiphany at age 19 that she wouldn’t cut it as a concert pianist, and her strong belief in the importance of the arts as an integral part of education.
· The influence of Brent Scowcroft – former national security advisor under Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush – in helping Rice land the role of White House Soviet specialist that would give her a front-row seat to the end of the Cold War.
· Not taking up golf until shortly after being named Secretary at age 50, and quickly developing a passion for the game.
· Her connection to Tiger Woods, serving as Stanford’s provost while Woods enrolled there in 1994, and how she earned “The Closer” nickname on campus.
· Recalling her three-year tenure on the College Football Playoff Committee, and her sense that “it’s working” in helping decide a true national champion.
Upcoming guests on Feherty this season include Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actor, Matthew McConaughey (Monday, April 24) and All-Star point guard for the Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry. Scheduled airdates for upcoming Feherty episodes – premiering Monday nights at 9 p.m. ET – include:
March 27 - Condoleezza Rice
April 17 - Mark O’Meara
April 24 - Matthew McConaughey
May 1 - Nancy Lopez
May 8 - Hale Irwin