Award-Winning SGX Now Wireless with Easy Access to the Most Up-To-Date Course Maps in the Game - Same Reliable, Complete Information Tour Professionals Receive from Caddies and Their Yardage Books
(RIDGELAND, Miss.) - SkyGolf, maker of SkyCaddie, the #1 Rangefinder in Golf, today unveiled the next generation SkyCaddie – the new Wi-Fi-enabled SkyCaddie SGXw. With its new wireless capabilities, the new SkyCaddie SGXw provides the convenience of “on the go” access to the most accurate and up-to-date course maps in the game while eliminating the known issues with courses preloaded in other rangefinders. Preloaded courses are “out of date” before the device is sold and can be risky and unreliable. The SkyCaddie SGXw connects wirelessly to SkyGolf’s vast library of precision courses via Wi-Fi at home, the office, the golf course or hotspot for fast, easy course downloads of the same complete and reliable course information Tour Professionals receive from their caddies and their yardage books. For wireless access “on the go,” the SGXw can even utilize many smartphones to gain Internet access as a “personal hotspot.”
“The combination of golfers’ need for accurate distances and SkyCaddie being named as the most accurate rangefinder explains why more golfers use and trust SkyCaddie for their critical distances than all other distance measuring devices combined,” said Richard Edmonson, CEO, SkyGolf. “That is why we are excited about the new SGXw providing easy and wireless download of the most up-to-date course maps in the game with the convenience of wireless connectivity. Whether their handicap is 2 or 22, we believe all golfers deserve the same trusted, reliable course maps that no Tour Pro would play without. The introduction of SGXw establishes the most advanced distance measuring device in golf, and represents the next phase in our mission to help golfers play smarter, play better, play faster and have more fun.”
Highlights of the SkyCaddie SGXw:
* Dynamic RangeVue - designed for smarter and easier club selections, RangeVue’s preset yardage arcs adjust dynamically over fairway landing areas and greens to allow golfers to select the best club for every shot much more quickly. RangeVue™ provides more information, faster and more reliably than any laser rangefinder without aiming or requiring line of sight.
* PinPoint Technology with IntelliGreen MAKES LASERS OBSOLETE (Available January 2012) - no more aiming and missing with lasers trying to get hole positions. PinPoint Technology allows golfers to measure “to the hole” by adding pin positions. Combined with SkyCaddie’s patented IntelliGreen feature, golfers have yardages they need to the front carry, back, center and hole location, automatically from any line of approach. PinPoint eliminates the need for line of sight and the frustration golfers have with aiming and keeping a laser steady. The powerful combination of PinPoint and Intelligreen will help golfers avoid greenside bunkers, hit more greens and have more putts for birdie even if they don’t have line of sight.
* New Wireless Convenience Makes Preloads Obsolete! Preloaded courses are “out of date” before the device is sold and can be risky and unreliable. The SkyCaddie SGXw connects wirelessly to SkyGolf’s vast library of precision courses via Wi-Fi at home, the office, the golf course or hotspot for fast, easy course downloads of the same complete and reliable course information. After a round, upload your scores instantly to ClubSG, golf’s fastest growing community, for analysis without cables or computers. For wireless access “on the go,” most cell phone carriers now offer wireless tethering to access the smartphone’s Internet access as a “personal hotspot.”
These SGXw features combine with key proprietary technology that enhances SkyCaddie’s position as golf’s market leader, including:
* Interactive HoleVue with Patented Auto Zoom - with an eagle’s view of the entire hole, golfers get the distances they need to avoid hazards and play smart golf from tee to green. Using the precision of the NEW Optical Trackpad, golfers can measure to any point on the hole whether they can see what’s ahead or not.
* IntelliGreen Pro – designed to save strokes and reduce three putts, IntelliGreen Pro adds distances to major green contours and false fronts, plus any other point on the green from a golfer’s angle of attack.
Complementing these SkyCaddie features, SkyGolf makes no compromises on components. The SGXw also features a large 3-inch, high-resolution, transflective TFT-LCD screen for brilliant images in the brightest sunlight; an Omni-Directional, High Performance GPS Antenna - stays locked to optimize performance and accuracy in all terrains, even under tree foliage; TruePoint GPS Precision Positioning Technology - a proprietary high-performance GPS engine for ultra-fast satellite acquisition, unmatched accuracy and proven reliability; an Optical Trackpad - providing quick and easy navigation without touching, scratching or getting your display dirty; AutoView - enabling golfers to change between the SkyCaddie’s most popular screens — HoleVue, IntelliGreen, and the Scorecard — with a simple turn of the wrist; and is preloaded with up to 30,000 courses, ready to play with basic green information. At the end of a round, thanks to Wi-Fi connectivity, golfers can quickly and easily transfer with the click of button scores and stats to ClubSGBETA, the fastest growing community in the game for passionate golfers, for post-game analysis and game tracking.
Adds Edmonson, “Everyone wants to buy a better game, so when it comes to distances, even high handicap golfers can be equal to better golfers, if they buy a SkyCaddie rangefinder because of our commitment to reliability and accuracy. Clearly, SkyCaddie has proven it is the most trusted rangefinder in the game. The new Wi-Fi-enabled SkyCaddie SGXw enhances that position, providing our community of passionate golfers with revolutionary golf mobility and allowing them to arrive at the first tee with confidence, ready to go with critical yardages they can trust.”
Suggested retail price of the new SkyCaddie SGXw, which is offered with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, is $399.95. Golfers can also enjoy a lower price to ownership when they trade-in a used SkyCaddie, a laser rangefinder or golf clubs. For more information on the SGXw, SkyCaddie membership plans and trade-in programs, visit www.skycaddie.com.