Help kick off Year Two at the award-winning Rees Jones course design, or Sabila Spa
(LORETO, Baja California South, Mexico) — If there was a “Rookie of the Year” award for golf courses, TPC Danzante Bay – the breathtaking Rees Jones design along of the Sea of Cortez and Baja’s majestic Sierra de la Giganta mountain range – could add that honor to its impressive list of accomplishments.
Since last December, when the centerpiece of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto debuted in its newly completed 18-hole form, Danzante Bay racked up a string of awards and accolades and joined the TPC Network, owned by the PGA TOUR, as the fourth international facility in its collection of championship golf courses.
“This has been an exciting year for TPC Danzante Bay,” said Owen Perry, co-owner with Luz Maria Torres of The Villa Group, operators of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at the Islands of Loreto. “We look forward to many more years of creating unforgettable experiences for our guests.”
To celebrate its one-year anniversary, TPC Danzante Bay is offering its popular Golf/Spa Package for $167 per person, per night (based on double occupancy) – with 20 percent off room reservations made before Jan. 1, 2019. Each Golf/Spa Package includes:
- Three-night stay in a Deluxe Suite
- One round of golf (18 holes) at TPC Danzante Bay
- $25 Sabila Spa Certificate
- Access to wet areas at Sabila Spa
Non-golfer option: choice of the following at Sabila Spa:
- One 80-minute massage
- Combination 50-minute Spa Treatment and 25-minute facial
- Combination 25-minute massage, 25-minute facial and a 25-minute pedicure
TPC Danzante Bay’s “rookie season” was exciting for a number of other reasons:
- World-wide accolades, including the Editors’ Choice Award for “Best in Travel 2018” from Golf Digest, and attention from GOLF magazine, Robb Report, and other major media as a “new seaside stunner” and “undiscovered jewel” with “visuals that will dazzle” and simply “majestic.”
- Extensive Golf Channel coverage of a successful Golf Advisor Round Trip Getaway co-hosted by Byron Scott, three-time NBA champion with the Los Angeles Lakers, and Matt Ginella, Editor-at-Large for Golf Advisor.
- Introduction of the initial collection of luxury residences in the master-planned Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at the Islands of Loreto community, adjacent to the first, second, and 10th holes.
- Addition of a new flight from Guadalajara International Airport (GDL), Mexico’s third busiest airport, to the Islands of Loreto (LTO).
The immediate popularity of the golf course also was a factor in Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at the Islands of Loreto being named 2018 Leading Resort in Mexico and Central America and 2018 Best Beach Resort in Mexico by the World Travel Awards, as well as recognized for excellence in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2018 Readers’ Choice Awards as one of the “Top Resorts in Western Mexico.”
TPC Danzante Bay—par 72, with five sets of tees measuring from 4,916 to 7,237 yards—is accented by coastline, valleys, arroyos, dunes, and foothills. There’s also a spacious practice facility, including a dedicated short-game area.
“There are not many golf courses that can offer a setting as beautiful, diverse, and dramatic as Danzante Bay,” Jones said of his first original design in Mexico. “The golf holes are dramatically different from each other and combine to give the player a one-of-a-kind experience.”
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at the Islands of Loreto sits on a sprawling stretch of white-sand beach along Danzante Bay, where the natural habitat includes 900 species of fish. Resort guests can enjoy world-class sport fishing, swimming, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, and whale watching.
The expansive property (4,447 acres) includes six swimming pools, the luxurious Sabila Spa, and well-marked hiking trails. Other activities, which may be arranged through the activities desk, including Islands Tours, San Javier Mission, horseback riding, and ATV tours.
Modern amenities, three exceptional dining venues (with all-inclusive meal plans available), and personal attention are all part of the unforgettable Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at the Islands of Loreto experience.
Located 300 miles north of Los Cabos, Loreto is only a two-hour flight from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) via Alaska Airlines. The resort also is accessible from Calgary with seasonal direct WestJet flights, and from Tijuana and Guadalajara via Calafia Airlines.
For more details, visit Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto. For information on TPC Danzante Bay, visit www.tpcdanzantebay.com.