Saturday, December 15, 2018
Product Review: Titleist AVX and Tour Soft Golf Balls
Titleist has been the "#1 ball in golf" for as long as I can remember. That's a good place to start (and finish). The company introduced a pair of new models in 2018, too.
Most recently, the Massachusetts giant unveiled the AVX. Basically, the AVX is Titleist’s lowest flying ball. It also spins less and is softer than both the Pro V1 and Pro V1x.
Earlier in the year, Titleist brought the Tour Soft to market. The Tour Soft is the softest-feeling golf ball in its category and delivers an incredible performance experience. Tour Soft’s innovative design combines the largest core ever engineered into a Titleist golf ball with ultra-thin cover technology to provide responsive feel, very fast speed for commanding distance and excellent short game performance.
The AVX retails for $47.99, while the Tour Soft goes for $34.99. More tech detail below:
* AVX utilizes innovative, high speed, low compression core technology, resulting in a powerful engine to drive remarkable distance with exceptionally soft feel.
* The proprietary GRN41 cast thermoset urethane cover delivers premium scoring control with exceptionally soft feel and long lasting durability.
* The high flex casing layer enhances speed and controls spin to promote even greater distance.
* The unique spherically-tiled 352 tetrahedral catenary aerodynamic design delivers optimal and consistent flight on all shots.
Titlelst Tour Soft
* The largest Titleist core ever produces category-leading soft feel and high ball speed for commanding distance. In developing Tour Soft’s core, the Titleist Golf Ball R&D and Operations teams were challenged to surpass previously accepted core size limitations in order to produce a golf ball that feels better and is as long or longer than the competition.
* A new ultra-thin 4CE grafted cover made with TCU Process Technology generates advanced short game control. Innovations in the manufacturing process at Titleist Ball Plant 2 in Massachusetts allowed engineers to mold the extremely thin, very soft cover formulation – made from a proprietary blend of four different materials – uniformly across the surface.
* A new spherically-tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design, optimized for the new Tour Soft construction, delivers a penetrating trajectory and consistent flight.
* Tour Soft is available in both white and high-optic yellow.
Log onto titleist.com or visit any reputable golf retailer to load your sleigh today.