Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Scott McCarron Wins American Family Insurance Championship Playing Tour Edge Exotics CBX Hybrid

Exotics CBX Hybrid Staff Collects 2nd Victory in a Row on PGA Tour Champions

(RELEASE) - Exotics CBX hybrid staff player Scott McCarron won the 2018 American Family Insurance Championship on the PGA Tour Champions Sunday playing a Tour Edge Exotics CBX hybrid; a 19-degree with a Fujikura Atmos 8X shaft.

The win is the second in a row for an Exotics CBX hybrid staff player after Tom Lehman won the Principal Charity Classic last week with two Exotics CBX hybrids in play.

“First off, congratulations to Scotty McCarron,” of David Glod, President and designer of the Exotics CBX hybrid McCarron plays. “He played some grinding golf in some wet conditions and pulled off eight birdies for a 64 on Sunday. It is tough conditions that the Exotics CBX line of metalwoods was designed for. You want low spin and more penetrating ball flight that doesn’t die into the wind. From what I’ve seen, we are helping the tour players that are playing the clubs due to these reasons and we are very proud to keep adding so many wins and top finishes to the Exotics trophy case.”

McCarron shot 15-under at the University Ridge golf course in Madison, Wisconsin with a total of 16 birdies and one bogey. The 52-year-old Californian birdied Holes 14, 15 and 16 to secure his first victory of the season and his seventh win in three years on the PGA Tour Champions.
"All week, I drove the ball really well and I was hitting a lot of good iron shots," McCarron said. "I hit a lot of greens. I think I made one bogey all week and that was early on Friday. Just missed a short putt, one of the par 3s and made bogey. Other than that, I really didn't have any other opportunities to make bogeys. I just kept putting myself in play."

McCarron has collected seven Top 10 finishes this season, including four Top 5 finishes.

"Obviously, my game's pretty good, just won this week, so I'm pretty happy the way I'm hitting it." McCarron said. "I started putting better this week. I've got to work on my wedge game. I've got to wedge it closer. I have a lot of wedges out here."

The win is the third on the PGA Tour Champions and the fourth on the PGA Tours this year for a player with Exotics CBX metalwoods in the bag.

McCarron jumped from 8th to 3rd on the current Charles Schwab money list. Nine players playing Tour Edge are currently ranked in the Top 40 in the 2018 Charles Schwab Cup standings: #3 Scott McCarron,  #7 Non-Contracted Player, #8 Scott McCarron, #10 Tim Petrovic, #11 Tom Lehman,  #21 Rocco Mediate, #27 Scott Dunlap, #29 Non-Contracted Player, #31 Duffy Waldorf and #38 Bart Bryant.

With eight hybrid staff players and 26 additional players choosing to play Exotics CBX metalwoods since they were launched to the PGA Tour Champions, Tour Edge has experienced a remarkable run of three victories and seven runner-up finishes in the first 13 events of the season.

“What a streak we are on!” said Executive Vice President of Tour Edge, John Craig. “I am not sure if I have ever seen anything quite like it, to have a new line of products come out to a professional tour and to have already seen over 35 players using the product and to watch them play the CBX quite a lot en route to winning three times with seven runner-ups and 19 Top 5’s in only 13 events played. That’s a serious hot streak if I’ve ever seen one.”

Fifteen total Exotics CBX clubs were in play in Madison: nine Exotics CBX hybrids, four Exotics CBX fairway woods and two Exotics CBX Iron-Woods.

The Exotics CBX hybrid ranked as the #2 most played hybrid model at the event, where they have ranked all season long except when Exotics CBX finished as the #1 hybrid model at the 2018 Senior PGA Championship.

To find a Tour Edge retailer near you, call (800) 515-3343 or visit touredge.com.

No comments: