St. Edwards University Leads after Opening Round at Oklahoma's Award-Winning Golf Course - The Territory Golf & Country Club
(Southwest Oklahoma) - After the opening round of The Territory Classic, hosted by Cameron University, St. Edward’s University holds a one-stroke lead over Dallas Baptist University behind the play of Santiago Quintero’s 2-under-par 70.
Team standings follow:
• St. Edwards University 290
• Dallas Baptist University 291
• Abilene Christian 295
• University of the Southwest 300
• Newman University 300
• Midwestern State 301
• Cameron University 303
• Southwestern Oklahoma State 304
• University of Central Oklahoma 305
• West Texas A&M University 306
• Southern Nazarene University 307
• Arkansas Tech University 307
• Delta State University 308
• East Central University 314
• University of Incarnate Word 315
• Southeastern Oklahoma State 317
• Texas A&M Commerce 319
The Territory (www.territiorygolf.com) – named a Top 50 Residential Course by Golfweek and one of Oklahoma’s Top 10 Courses by Golf Digest – is a Randy Heckenkemper design that unfolds of acres of rolling terrain.
Opened by Rick and Barbara Braught in 2004, The Territory has played host to two Oklahoma State Amateurs, an Oklahoma Senior State Amateur, an NCAA Div. II Super Regional and an event on the Adams Pro Golf Tour Series.
A private club where family-friendly activities are ever present, The Territory has opened its fairways to all via its popular stay-and-play packages. The luxurious, graciously appointed accommodations feature two-to-four spacious bedrooms, a living room, full kitchen and baths. Package pricing per person is:
• Single: $275 per night
• Double: $225 per night
• Triple: $195 per night
• Foursome: $175 per night
For more information on The Territory, call 580.475.0075 or visit www.territorygolf.com.