(CARLSBAD, Calif.) - Cobra Golf unveils the new high-performance Cobra S2 Iron series designed for avid golfers. The game-enhancing Cobra S2 Irons offer superior accuracy and distance in a forgiving mid-width sole design. The Cobra S2 Forged Irons offer the unique combination of control, distance and forgiveness with outstanding forged feel.
"The new Cobra S2 Irons provide incredible all-around performance," says Brian Zender, General Manager of Cobra Golf. "With this introduction we build on our heritage of offering technologically advanced, game-enhancing irons at an exceptional value. Golfers of all abilities will be drawn to the Cobra S2 Irons for their accuracy, distance, forgiveness and confidence inspiring profile. Likewise, the Cobra S2 Forged Irons will attract better players seeking superior control, distance and feel in a Tour-inspired shape."
COBRA S2 IRONS
The new multi-material Cobra S2 Irons offer improved accuracy, distance and forgiveness in a high-performance package. The new cavity design with optimized heel-toe weighting utilizes lightweight polymer materials that allow discretionary weight to be pushed low in the heel and toe, to increase MOI. Plus, the unique Mid-Width Stepped Sole offers superior turf interaction. Cobra S2 Irons will appeal to avid golfers of all skill levels due their superior playability, feel and design.
"The Cobra S2 Irons were designed to have broad appeal while delivering the accuracy, distance and feel that have become hallmarks of Cobra design," says Tom Preece, Vice President of Research & Development for Cobra Golf. "We expanded the urethane sole insert and modified the polymer top line and toe insert which combine with the stainless steel 431 body to drive greater forgiveness. In addition, the low, back CG and stronger lofts result in greater distance with high, playable trajectories and the new Mid-Width sole design delivers additional forgiveness with the turf interaction desired by avid players.
* The 431 stainless steel clubhead features an exclusive polymer topline and toe insert, expanded urethane sole insert and aluminum vibration-dampening back plate that work together to lower Center of Gravity (CG), increase Moment of Inertia (MOI) and enhance feel - yielding improved launch, accuracy and distance.
New Cavity Design with Optimized Heel/Toe Weighting
* Lightweight polymer materials free up discretionary weight, which is pushed low in the heel and toe to increase MOI for maximum forgiveness and performance.
Mid-Width Stepped Sole
* Unique sole design provides the forgiveness of a wide-sole iron with the playability and superior turf interaction of a narrow-sole iron.
Premium Lightweight Shafts
* Cobra/Aldila DVS-2 graphite and Nippon NS Pro 1030H steel shafts promote higher launch, greater control and accuracy.
The Cobra S2 Irons are available in men's graphite and steel shafts (4-PW, GW) and women's and senior's graphite shafts (5-PW, GW, SW) - with Cobra/Golf Pride grips. They will begin shipping September 1 with a suggested retail price of $744 for steel and $872 for graphite.
COBRA S2 FORGED IRONS
Better players will appreciate the new Cobra S2 Forged Irons, because they offer superior control and increased distance with outstanding forged feel. In addition, the Cobra S2 Forged Irons feature a Tour-inspired shape and design which appeals to skilled players.
Forged 1025 Carbon Steel with CNC Milled Grooves
* 1025 forged carbon steel provides an incredibly soft yet powerful feel at impact, while CNC milled grooves promote consistent trajectories and spin characteristics.
Cavity Back With Extreme Perimeter Weighting
* Provides enhanced accuracy and control with forgiveness, as well as greater ball speed and distance, even on off-center hits.
Tour-inspired Shape and Design
* Authentic appearance that better players prefer — with performance and workability to match.
Cobra/Nippon NS Pro 1130 Tour Shaft
* Optimizes feel and control, while promoting ideal ball flight.
The Cobra S2 Forged Irons are available in men's steel shafts (3-PW) - with Cobra/Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. They will begin shipping September 1 with a suggested retail price of $985.
Cobra's S2 and Cobra S2 Forged Irons conform to all USGA rules, including the new iron groove rule recently announced and to be adopted by the PGA Tour as a condition of competition.
For more information about Cobra S2 and Cobra S2 Forged Irons, visit online at www.cobragolf.com, or contact Cobra Customer Service (800-555-9282) or Todd Colburn, Director of Cobra Global Marketing (760-930-2160).