Sunday, September 8, 2019

GolfLogix: Speeding Pace of Play at Courses Worldwide

With innovative Putt Breaks technology, the Number 1 app in golf offers more green detail than the books the pros use  


(SCOTTSDALE, AZ) — This season has seen a remarkable debate on the PGA Tour over the slow play of some professionals and the effect of greens books on the pace of tournament play.

Even five-time major champion Phil Mickelson has chimed in, pointing out that greens books actually speed up play around the green. As Mickelson put it: "The greens book allows me to do 80 percent of my read before I even get to the green."

At GolfLogix, we couldn't agree more.

The conversation surrounding greens books and round speed is not exclusive to just Tour players. Golfers everywhere can experience improved course strategy and pace-of-play through the only GPS app of its kind: GolfLogix.  With its innovative Putt Breaks technology, GolfLogix stands out as a tool that not only helps you to become a better golfer, but gives you a faster game around the green.

PGA master professional and GOLF Magazine top 100 teacher Kellie Stenzel is convinced.

"GolfLogix absolutely helps speed up my play on the course, as well as that of my students," Stenzel said. "I love the approach mode and the green maps as well as Putt Line. It allows me to know exactly the tilt of the green for my short game shots so that I can plan as I am approaching the green. This saves me the time of having to walk up and back to see it myself."

The LPGA CLASS A member also acknowledged that "this is also a wonderful teaching tool to help my students best understand how to manage the course and their own game."

It's not just top teaching professionals who benefit. Golfers at all skill levels see a remarkable decrease in the amount of time it takes sizing up play around the green. For the everyday golfer, access to a caddy who is knowledgeable about green dimensions of each hole at every course is expensive and usually impossible to find. GolfLogix's 3D Putt Break Maps technology offers golfers a detailed reading of the green-it's even better than what players on the PGA Tour use. With in-depth data on over 35,000 courses worldwide, you can be an expert at every golf course before you tee off on the 1st hole.

Tucker, an avid GolfLogix user from San Diego, puts it this way: "Before I got hooked on the GolfLogix green reading feature, I was one of those slow annoying guys who walked around the hole in every direction before I would putt. Now I get my putt line from GolfLogix quickly, and confidently putt my ball. From 40 feet in, your second putt is usually within a foot."

Geoff from Phoenix adds: "I started using the Putt Line feature from GolfLogix at the beginning of this season. I am a 10 handicap but am not very good at reading greens. I am now playing so much faster because I can quickly get a great read and just putt the ball and have virtually eliminated 3-putts."

Even low handicap golfers like Carl from Bethesda gain significant advantages: "I play to a 2 handicap and the GolfLogix approach and green view features have changed the way I play golf.  There is no more guessing on where to land my approach and I have definitely limited my missed greens. I take a quick look at the green contours, select my club, and hit the ball.  A much better and faster way to play golf!"

GolfLogix CEO Pete Charleston is thrilled at the reviews of his product and the way it positively impacts the pace of play. "There has been so much positive feedback from golfers at all levels with regard to how much GolfLogix improves their overall experience on the course," said Charleston. "The fact that it helps speed up the game, in particular, is incredibly gratifying."

GolfLogix Putt Break Maps are sold as in-app purchases with annual, monthly and two-day purchase options for each mapped course. Putt Break Maps are available for over 13,000 courses today, and GolfLogix will add more than 200 new courses each week using a proprietary mapping process.

For more information, visit www.golflogix.com.