(Scottsdale, Ariz.) – Troon Country Club will soon be breaking ground on a $7.5 million expansion and renovation of the club’s 30 year-old clubhouse. The project, which is expected to take 12 months to complete, is aimed at improving the function and efficiency of the building while providing members with the quality facility they desire. When complete, the improvements will touch upon every aspect of club life, including dining, banquet facilities, fitness, golf shop, locker rooms, and day-to-day operations. Douglas Fredrikson Architects of Phoenix, the original clubhouse architect more than 30 years ago and designer of dozens of award-winning clubhouses, has been chosen to oversee the new clubhouse renovation and expansion.
Clubhouse improvement plans include:
- Addition of a second floor on the north side of the building to provide a new 9,000 sq. ft. Fitness Center.
- Enhancements to the clubhouse arrival experience at the Porte Cochere and entry hall
- A new library to serve as a multipurpose member activity/meeting room.
- A newly remodeled Quail’s Nest including a larger bar that will face the golf course and mountains.
- An enlarged outdoor dining addition, complete with a folding patio door system that will help open up the Quail’s Nest to the patio.
- A larger golf shop with increased floor space for merchandise expanding from 968 sq. ft. to 1323 sq. ft.
- A new casual Members’ Grille
- Update the overall décor and clubhouse appointments
“Golf and social activities used to be the primary influencers for joining a country club,” said Garrett Wallace, general manager, Troon Country Club. “Today, health, wellness and fitness are overarching characteristics of current and future clubs. Our expansion and renovation will not only increase our health and fitness offerings, but also upgrade every aspect of club life. We’re excited to get this project in motion.”
The original Troon Country Club clubhouse was built in 1986 and has undergone two partial renovations – one in 1997 and one in 2003.
For more information on Troon Country Club, visit www.trooncc.com or call 480-473-5093.