“I wanted different,” Cameron said. “I wanted what’s next. A lot of it came from the sports car that looks like it’s going 200 miles an hour standing still.”
Available in golf shops worldwide beginning April 12, Phantom X replaces the Futura family while advancing Titleist Master Putter Maker Scotty Cameron’s proven multi-material construction methodology of combining 303 stainless steel and 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum for increased MOI, optimal weight distribution, improved sound and responsive feedback.
“Phantom X is by far the most high tech putter line we’ve designed to date," said Scotty Cameron. "This product is so much faster looking, and taken to the next level, that it needed a new name. It’s a major leap in performance. We’ve designed a variety of flange setups, alignment options and shaft bends to offer mallet players more models to choose from. I was inspired by Tour players who’ve asked for slightly smaller profiles with more alignment options and solid face construction. The engineering has been ramped up to an entirely new level to bring this brand new line to life. Phantom X is the ultimate lineup for mallet players.”
The Phantom X line comprises nine modern mallets based on five new, refined and streamlined head shapes – featuring low-bend, mid-bend and straight shaft setups, in addition to a variety of flange orientations and improved alignment cues:
• FIVE NEW HIGH-TECH, MULTI-MATERIAL HEADS: Each Phantom X putter is a precision milled, multi-component mallet based on one of five new head designs. These models are slightly more compact than their Futura predecessors with sleek, ground-hugging contours that pleasingly angle away from the player to inspire confidence at address, yet still employ aluminum and steel components perfectly matched for optimal shape and weight distribution.
• TOUR PREFERRED ALIGNMENT: A variety of tour-preferred setups offer multiple alignment options, including: continuous lines from the leading edge all the way back; simple sight dots; raised or stepped down flanges; and wider or “vanishing” toplines. Alignment features have been accentuated with longer, racing-inspired lines and triple milled sight dots highlighted in neon yellow paint to frame the golf ball at address.
• MULTIPLE SHAFT BEND OPTIONS: With three shaft options – low-bend, mid-bend and straight – offered across the Phantom X line, players have more choices with regard to their preferred amount of toe flow. Phantom X models with “.5” in the name (i.e., 5.5, 7.5 and 8.5) have a shorter, low-bend shaft configuration with one shaft of offset for more toe flow to promote an arc in the putting stroke. The Phantom X 5, 6, 7, 8 and 12 models have a slightly taller, mid-bend shaft for a near-face balanced setup that produces less toe flow than the .5 models. The Phantom X 6STR has a straight shaft with zero offset.
• SOLID FACE TECHNOLOGY: Each Phantom X mallet is constructed with a standard-milled, 6061 aircraft aluminum face anodized black that extends back and through the flange areas of each model. This results in solid feedback, while preserving the soft feel players prefer.
• NEW CUSTOM DESIGNED GRIP: The Phantom X line marks the debut of the new Pistolero Plus grip in cement gray with gloss black paintfill. The Pistolero Plus is a modified Pistolero grip with a thicker, less tapered right (low) hand that combines the tour-preferred performance and feel of a rubber Pistolero-style grip with a slightly built-up feel perfectly suited to mallet putters.
• • •
PHANTOM X WEIGHTING & SHAFTS: Each new Phantom X putter features advanced stability weighting with two, customizable stainless steel heel-toe weights and stepless steel shafts.
FINISH & GRAPHICS: The Phantom X line’s 6061 aircraft grade aluminum components have been anodized black in a misted finish that helps to reduce sun glare. The 303 stainless steel putter head components have also been misted for a radiant yet glare resistant appearance. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavities of the Phantom X 5, 5.5, 6 and 6STR as unpainted, raw circles revealed by milling away the black anodization. Neon yellow paintfill provides bold visual guidance in sight lines, while sight dots have been double-milled to highlight the neon yellow paintfill with a ring of silver-colored aluminum.