Monday, November 20, 2017
TaylorMade’s Jon Rahm Caps Off 2017 Campaign in Style with Memorable Victory in Dubai
"It’s been an incredible year and to finish this way is a great achievement. I will enjoy the moment, but I want to keep working hard to improve my game and kick on again in 2018."
- Jon Rahm, following his third worldwide victory this calendar year
What You Need to Know:
- Rahm’s victory was his third this calendar year after turning pro in June of 2016, with previous wins coming in January at the Farmers Insurance Open and the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open in July.
- With an average driving distance of 313.4 yards, Rahm – using a '17 M2 driver set to 10.5* – led the field for the tournament. For the year, Rahm averaged a remarkable 311.9 yards off the tee.
- TaylorMade’s 2017 drivers have now accounted for 31 victories across worldwide tours this year, far outnumbering other manufacturers.
- In addition to his distance and accuracy off the tee, Rahm putted brilliantly all week, as he finished in the top three in both putts per green & putts per round categories, trusting his TaylorMade Spider Tour Red to make 24 birdies on the week.
- While ineligible to win PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year honors, Rahm’s performance during the year earned him the Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year for 2017 on the European Tour.
- The victory is the third in four weeks for TaylorMade Tour staffers, following Justin Rose’s back-to-back wins in China & Turkey.
- Rahm now moves up to No.4 in the Official World Golf Rankings.
Jon Rahm's Winning Bag at the DP World Championship:
- M2 2017 Driver / 10.5°/ Aldila Tour Green 75X
- M1 2017 Fairway 15° / Aldila Tour Green 75X
- M1 2017 Fairway 19° / Graphite Design Tour AD DI
- P750 Irons / 4-PW / True Temper Project X 6.5
- Milled Grind wedges / 52° & 56° SB & Hi-Toe wedge / 60°/ True Temper Project X 6.5
- Spider Tour Red Putter
- TP5X Golf Ball (#10)
For more information on Rahm or any of TaylorMade's Tour staffers, visit www.taylormadegolf.com.