Scotty Cameron Creates Button Back Plus Models in a Limited Release Offering
(CARLSBAD, Calif.) – Scotty Cameron introduces the next generation of Champions Choice Limited Release putters, four new “Button Back” models that expand upon the capabilities of Scotty’s recently-introduced “Plus” designs with the integration of his revered Teryllium copper alloy inlay.
Inspired by the putters Scotty has made for major winners and champions on the worldwide professional golf tours, each precision milled Champions Choice Button Back model is crafted with complementary materials – a solid precision milled 303 stainless steel putter head, an expertly-fused Teryllium insert and a sleek and lightweight aluminum sole component – to deliver outstanding performance and feel.
The longstanding and continued history of major champions trusting Scotty Cameron putters – four of the last seven majors have been won by Scotty Cameron players – is commemorated with unique Champions Choice graphics, a new Pistolini Plus grip and custom headcover.
In select Titleist golf shops worldwide beginning Friday, July 28, the new Champions Choice putters include the Newport Plus Button Back, Newport 1.5 Plus Button Back, Newport 2 Plus Button Back and Newport 2.5 Plus Button Back (also available in left-handed). Each putter features a solid milled 303 stainless steel body with a soft Teryllium inlay fused together with the iconic button head machine screws and Scotty’s latest vibration dampening technology.
QUOTING SCOTTY CAMERON: “Recognizing the demand for our original Champions Choice release in 2021, I had to do it again. But, of course, it had to be special. With the introduction of our new Super Select Plus models and the popularity of this new blade shape, it was a natural to create some unique Newport and Newport 2-style models for this seasonal release. I call the Plus width a “tweener” because it’s in between the size of a normal blade and our wider, Squareback 2 mid-mallets. Add the Teryllium in our Button Back design and these new Champions Choice Plus Button Back models celebrate the years of victory with our putters in four new designs built to look as good as they perform.”
2023 CHAMPIONS CHOICE MODELS: Four new Champions Choice models present golfers with two Plus-sized blade shapes, each offered with either a plumbing neck or a jet neck, in 33", 34" and 35" lengths:
• Champions Choice Newport Plus Button Back: Crafted slightly wider than a standard Newport with an I-beam style plumbing neck and Teryllium insert, its 6061 aircraft grade aluminum sole plate is engineered into the precision milled 303 stainless steel putter head for proper balance, ideal weight distribution and higher MOI.
• Champions Choice Newport 1.5 Plus Button Back: Based on the Newport Plus head shape, this model features an I-beam style jet neck for players favoring a naturally arced putting stroke. Its Teryllium inlay is fused to the 303 stainless steel putter head with vibration dampening technology and a three-button-head-screw configuration for outstanding feel and feedback.
• Champions Choice Newport 2 Plus Button Back: Designed by working with the game’s best players at Scotty’s Putter Studio, the Plus models’ wider profiles were designed for players looking for a slightly bigger blade and even more confident alignment. Coupled with the feel of Teryllium, this tour proven model is a glimpse into the future of putter development.
• Champions Choice Newport 2.5 Plus Button Back: Also offered in a left-handed version and based on the Newport 2 Plus head size, this model features an I-beam style jet neck for players creating a naturally arced putting stroke. Lending the Button Back style its name, three button head screws in conjunction with improved vibration dampening technology fuses the Teryllium inlay to the putter head.
CHAMPIONS CHOICE TECHNOLOGY: An integration of stainless steel, 6061 aircraft aluminum and a unique copper alloy, each new Champions Choice putter is engineered with a solid, precision-milled 303 stainless steel body expertly designed with a Teryllium inlay.
• LEGENDARY DESIGN: Prized by putting purists as an insert with unmistakably soft feel and a character revealed over time in a rich patina, the incorporation of Teryllium and the celebrated Button Back design expresses the heritage of this time-honored putter face material.
• MULTI-MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION: With a Teryllium insert expertly designed into the 303 stainless steel putter head and integrated with an engineered 6061 aluminum sole component, each precision milled Champions Choice model proves that complementary materials deliver outstanding performance and feel.
• MODERN VIBRATION DAMPENING: The traditional elastomer of the original Button Backs has been supplemented with the addition of a high-tech vibration dampening material placed between the Teryllium inlay and the putter head that provides unmatched feel and feedback.
WEIGHTING & SHAFTS: Each new Champions Choice putter features heel-toe weighting with two stainless steel weights and stepless steel shafts.
FINISH & GRAPHICS: Scotty’s silver misting process gives each new Champions Choice model a glare resistant sheen for a reliable finish in any light. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back of the putter with translucent red, white and translucent blue accents around the machine screw heads. The color combination established in the first Champions Choice release is also expressed in the winner’s stripes designed into the face and sole of this limited offering. The milled flange sight lines are painted translucent blue.
ACCESSORIES: Each Champions Choice putter comes with a matching premium headcover in the line’s red, white and blue color scheme and includes a Pistolini Plus grip with blue lettering and white texture. Additionally, a custom Champions Choice shaft band adorns each shaft.
AVAILABILITY: The new Scotty Cameron Champions Choice putter models will be available worldwide on July 28, 2023, through select Titleist authorized golf shops. MAP: $700
ON THE WEB: www.scottycameron.com
YOUTUBE VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/ScottyCameron