(CARLSBAD, Calif.) - adidas Golf is debuting its newest and most stable golf shoe to date, the TOUR360 4.0, in Las Vegas at the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open through October 18.
The new shoe, which is the first to incorporate adidas Golf's Advanced THiNTech low-profile technology, brings golfers lower to the ground for improved overall balance, weight transfer, stability, power and consistency. The new adidas Golf shoe will launch exclusively in Las Vegas with availability in other markets soon after.
Designed for the avid golfer who seeks every competitive advantage, the TOUR360 4.0 combines next-generation innovations with tour-proven technologies built around delivering more stability and more consistent ball-striking.
The new TOUR360 4.0 utilizes a proprietary new low-profile outsole system called Advanced THiNTech with PINS (Performance Insert System). By working closely with professional athletes around the world across all sports categories, the adidas Golf team discovered immediate performance advantages in getting the golfer lower, but was previously limited in how low they could go.
"We felt constrained by the industry standard attachment mechanism," says Dave Ortley, Sr. Director of Global Footwear for adidas Golf. "We couldn't bring our athletes as close to the ground as we wanted, so instead we decided to reengineer the whole system. By collaborating with Pride Sports, the world leader in cleat design and the makers of Fast Twist, we were able to create an entirely-new method which combines an Advanced THiNTech cleat with a new, ultra-thin cleat attachment mechanism called PINS."
The end result is a system 32 percent lower than conventional cleat systems, ultimately allowing golfers to feel a stronger connection with the ground for more consistent ball-striking. Also new to the next-generation TOUR360 4.0 is unibody-construction that connects the heel counter and 360WRAP technology to the outsole to promote a greater level of stability. Other essential features include:
* A reengineered POWERBAND CHASSIS that delivers extraordinary lateral stability for more power through impact
* Split outsole with 10-cleat configuration and exclusive low-profile THiNTech cleats
* X-STATIC silver filament fibers woven into the lining help regulate temperature for optimized comfort
* adiPRENE cushioning in the heel for enhanced impact absorption
* FitFOAMTM sock liner for added support, cushioning and comfort heel to toe
* adiTUFFTM technology to protect the toe from excessive wear
* ClimaProof 100 percent waterproof protection
* TRAXION secondary lugs for added grip, especially at higher swing speeds