The retego offers the Best in Performance Technology with a Casual Sports Style; Designed in Consultation PGA Tour star golfer Justin Rose
(Green Island, NY) - adidas eyewear launches its new 2010 men's golf-specific sunglasses, the retego. Designed in collaboration with internationally acclaimed British-born PGA Tour star golfer Justin Rose, the retego boasts a modern, athletic style for those golfers who prefer to go against the grain.
"Professional golfers like Justin Rose are great ambassadors for adidas Eyewear, because they reflect our approach to sport: the highest level of both performance and style" said Rocky Fresh, U.S. brand manager, adidas eyewear. "As someone who knows the demands on the course, his input was crucial in the development of the product. From the colors to the temple width to the lens angles, he's worked on all elements of the process and we're proud to offer a product that not only looks great, but that we know performs for the best of the best."
There's no question that golf is on the rise. With over a 40 percent increase in junior players in the past 10 years, and the success of role models such as Rose leading the way, the sport has morphed away from its stereotype of a game of middle-age executives.
Not surprisingly, with the fresh instalment of players comes a non-traditional approach to golf style. Whether it's bright polos, cropped pants, or new age spikes, golfers across the globe are turning what was traditionally a uniform sport into a forum for self-expression. And eyewear is no exception.
With more and more players wearing sunglasses on the golf course, eyewear has been reinvented as a piece of necessary equipment, not just a fashion statement. Made with a lens that offers crystal clear, distortion-free views from all angles, a tint that enhances color differences between the ball, horizon and the green, and a casual, snug and comfortable fit, the retego is a necessary piece of equipment to enhance your golf game.
Rebuilding the Ultimate Golf Specific Sunglasses for Men
The retego sets new standards for competitive golf sunglasses with features necessary to compete on the course at the highest level, including:
• RX ADAPTER SYSTEM: Like all Performance Sport models of adidas eyewear, the retego can be fitted with optical solutions to correct impaired vision among golfers. The RX adapter system can carry an Rx lens and fit directly into the half-frame model. With the adapter, the filters simply clip in and out of the frame after your optician has glazed your adapter. This means that in a matter of seconds, you can insert filters either with or without optical correction. Alternatively, simply clip in the Performance Insert. This optical insert is secured to the bridge behind the filters. After changing the filter, it can simply be clipped back onto the bridge - suitable for wearers who need to change filters quickly because of the changing light on the golf course, but refuse to compromise on their vision.
• LST (LIGHT STABILIZING TECHNOLOGY): Designed to give you the best possible view of the course, the retego offers LST Active, LST Contrast, LST Contrast Light, and LST POL lenses. The LST lens diminishes eye fatigue by harmonizing light fluctuations. In addition to enhancing contrast and color, this lens protects your eyes from UVA, B and C rays for full spectrum protection.
• PERSONALIZED FIT: No two faces are the same. The retego offers Double-Snap Nose Pads that can be adjusted for optimal fit, and are made of soft, traction-grip that is equally suited for every day use. Providing both style and performance, these sunglasses take you from fairway to every day.
• 8 BASE DECENTERED VISION ADVANTAGE PC LENS: Built to provide clear, undistorted views at all angles, the retego offers a decentered wraparound lens that allows crystal clear, accurate vision even on the back swing. With a full wraparound view, the retego provides maximum protection from harmful UV rays, and also gives a secure fit.
• COMFORT: Long days on the course require ultimate comfort. Made of lightweight SPX material, retego weighs in at less than one ounce. Built with Flex Zones in the temples to prevent uncomfortable pressure behind the ears, it's easy to forget you are even wearing sunglasses.
• VENTILATION SYSTEM: When every detail counts, from the force of wind to the direction of the green, having complete visual clarity is key. With a new ventilation system located on the lug area, the retego ensures a fog-free game.
• MSRP: $140 (LST Contrast and LST Active), $190 (LST Polarized).
COLORS: matte black/grey, pearl white/black, matte silver/gray, brown/brown,
For more information, visit www.adidas.com/eyewear or call 800-626-8684.