Monday, April 19, 2021

Berry Hills Country Club in Charleston, W.Va.

I teed off at Berry Hills Country Club a little before 8 a.m. on April 16. It was my first round of the season and the temperature hadn't quite hit 40 degrees yet. To top it off, I was coming off a year where I only played one round of golf. Needless to say, I had a lot of rust to knock off.

To make matters worse, the Assistant Professional gave me one bit of advice ... Don't go right. Being built on top of a mountain, the course unfolded counter clockwise with nothing good to the right. Having fought a slice in the past, I was worried.

As you can see by these two clips on Nos. 3 and 7 (both par 3s), I've developed a bad habit at takeaway. Can you see what it is?

Now I know what I need to work on as the 2021 season progresses.

No comments: