Monday, February 8, 2016

PGA Professionals to earn Education Credits with Little Golf T.R.A.I.N. Certification

(PALM BEACH, FL) — LITTLE GOLF T.R.A.I.N. announced that Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA) members are eligible to earn 3 Education Credits for becoming a Little Golf T.R.A.I.N. Certified Conductor (Instructor). The Little Golf T.R.A.I.N. Certified Training Program is an online education course designed to instruct participants in researched-based early-childhood education and apply it to teaching the game’s youngest golfers. PGA Professionals are awarded the education credits after they complete the online Training Program.

Co-founders Patricia Donnelly, PhD., and Nicole Weller, PGA, LPGA, envision Little Golf T.R.A.I.N. as an age-appropriate, developmentally correct way to introduce very young children, ages 2-5, to golf before they become committed to other sports such as soccer, basketball and tennis. T.R.A.I.N. is an acronym: Teaching through play, Research-based, Age-appropriate, Intrinsic rewards, with Nutrition.

The online training program consists of four modules and a final test, after which PGA Professionals will have access to Little Golf T.R.A.I.N. teaching manuals and the ability to order equipment kits.

“The Little Golf T.R.A.I.N. certification program provides teachers with an expedient solution to start programs for our very youngest golfers," says Dr. Donnelly, a world-renowned sport psychotherapist. "Its foundations include an emphasis on play, healthy nutrition and direct real-life experiences, a powerful antidote to our digital world. Parents and coaches want our youngest golfers to truly enjoy the game. That’s why we developed the T.R.A.I.N. idea.”

Says Weller, a highly respected PGA and LPGA member and Head Teaching Professional at The Landings Club, in Savannah, GA.: “Our program is rooted in early-childhood, age-appropriate techniques and is designed to foster joy in learning about the game. Our goal is to certify golf professionals around the world so they can introduce children to golf in an age-appropriate way and at the same time grow their own business.”

Two days before the 2016 PGA Show, Dr. Donnelly and Ms. Weller discussed how to introduce children ages 2-5 to the game of golf in a developmentally correct and age-appropriate way at the PGA Youth and Family Golf Summit, Jan. 25, in Orlando, FL. A major media announcement, describing in detail the scope of Little Golf T.R.A.I.N., was made on Wednesday, Jan. 27, in the PGA Show Media Center.

For more information, visit www.littlegolfTRAIN.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Golfler is a game-changing mobile application that brings enterprise level technology solutions to courses and country clubs for the benfefit of golfers and the game.

Gerrison said...

I share this information on all the forums I can find, because I am very grateful to the guys from dissertations help. They helped me write my thesis in just a month! I would have spent at least half a year with it myself. These guys are really professionals in their field and take up any topic of their dissertation.By the way, all this costs a little money.