Thursday, September 18, 2008
Get More Bang For Your Golfing Dollar in the Pocono Mountains
(POCONO MOUNTAINS, Pennsylvania) – The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau (PMVB) today announces money-saving offers at many of its resorts and courses throughout the remainder of the golf season. These “More Bang for Your Philadelphia Golfing Dollar” discounts are on top of very affordable rates already in place.
As summer turns to fall and the leaves begin to change, Philadelphia residents are being offered an additional 20 percent off greens fees and rooms at many of the Pocono Mountains: Discover Golf’s Great Destination Secret co-op resorts and courses. This offer is valid Monday through Thursday and based on availability. Identification must be shown upon arrival.
“Our courses and resorts are excited to offer such a value-laden deal to Philadelphia residents and the Pocono Mountains have so much to offer on and off the golf courses,” says Carl Wilgus, President / CEO of the PMVB. “Beyond great golf in a wonderful setting, visitors will find majestic resorts, fine dining, soothing spas and much more … all within Mother Nature’s ever-changing fall glory.”
Courses and resorts participating in the “More Bang for Your Philadelphia Golfing Dollar” offer include:
* Skytop Lodge & Resort (skytop.com; 800-345-7759);
* Split Rock Resort & Golf Club (splitrockresort.com; 800-255-7625); and
* Buck Hill Golf Club (buckhillgolfclub.com; 570-595-7730).
Other Pocono Mountains resorts and courses are offering money-saving fall packages that can be found by visiting www.poconosgolf.com.
Additionally, the destination unveiled its 24-hour fall foliage hotline (570-421-5565) to provide visitors nonstop information on the natural beauty available in the four-county region. Autumn in the Pocono Mountains is a time to enjoy the great outdoors and the wonder of Mother Nature’s colorful palette, as well as hundreds of holes of golf by legendary designers such as Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast.
If it’s an overnight stay, a weekend getaway or an extended vacation, It’s Time for Philadelphia residents to relax and reconnect in the unspoiled beauty of the Pocono Mountains.
For more information on the area, visit www.800poconos.com or call 800-POCONOS (800-762-6667).
About the “Pocono Mountains: Discover Golf’s Great Destination Secret”
The Pocono Mountains has long been known to avid travelers and mountain aficionados for its lush, relaxing family friendly ambiance and romantic setting, as well as its fall foliage, winter skiing, spring-summer outdoor recreation options and natural beauty. Numerous lakes, parks and other environmental wonderlands are found throughout the four-county Pocono Mountains region.
Discerning golfers are well aware that the Pocono Mountains are home to golf courses designed by renowned architects such as Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast. Pocono Mountains golf properties and value-laden golf packages are available on www.poconosgolf.com, which allows players to enjoy majestic mountain-view scenery, the area’s natural splendor, year-round amenities and unequaled value and variety.
Attributes of the golf-and-resort properties and destination include:
Home to hundreds of golf holes at numerous clubs, many located close to one another:
· Two NASCAR races held annually each spring-summer
· Golden Era of Golf Architecture period designs strongly represented by legendary designers Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast
· Golf, lodging and resort accommodations at all price points, from luxury to value
· Hiking, biking, camping, spas, horseback riding, boating, fishing, hunting and many other activities
· Attractions, festivals and other special events
· Meeting and conference facilities
· Great food at a wide array of eating establishments and resort restaurants
· Bed & breakfasts, country inns and resorts
· Antique shops, outlet malls and other unique shopping venues
Posted by Blogger at 11:52 AM