Team TaylorMade's Jon Rahm collects his 4th PGA TOUR victory in as many years as a professional using SIM driver, SIM fairways and TP5 ball.
(Carlsbad, Calif.) — One of the most consistent players on TOUR, TaylorMade's Jon Rahm won the Memorial at Muirfield Village GC with rounds of 69-67-68-75 to win by 3.
In becoming world no.1, Jon is just the second Spanish golfer to reach the no.1 spot with Seve Ballesteros being the only other. He's been on a steep OWGR (Official World Golf Ranking) ascent ever since he turned professional in June 2016 and even during his amateur year's where he earned OWGR points.
Rahm's OWGR end of year ranking by year is as follows:
- 2014: 1,548
- 2015: 585
- 2016: 137
- 2017: 6
- 2018: 4
- 2019: 3
- 2020: 1* (* year-to-date)
Jon plays 14 TaylorMade clubs and balls including the SIM driver, two SIM fairways, P750 irons (which he has weakened since the re-start to adjust for a slight reduction in iron spin rates from his swing), MG2 wedges, Spider X and the TaylorMade TP5 ball.
NEED TO KNOW
- This is Rahm's 4th PGA TOUR victory since turning professional in June 2016
- Rahm moves to world no.1 for the first time in his career
- Jon switched into TP5 from the TP5X earlier this year for more spin and control with his irons and wedges
- Rahm weakened the lofts in his irons slightly as he was hitting them further since the break and wanted to better manage his trajectory and descent angle
- Cumulative through all 4 rounds, Jon was ranked 1st in SG: Tee to Green (+15.462) and SG: Around the Green (+6.261)
JON RAHM WITB
- SIM 10.5 driver Aldila Tour X
- SIM 15.0 fairway Aldila Tour X
- SIM 18.0 fairway Graphite Design Tour AD X
- P750 4-PW
- MG Hi Toe 52°
- MG2 56° and 60°
- Spider X chalk
- TP5 #10